Life Writers (LifeWriters.us), an online life story writing membership, offers community, instruction, and accountability for beginning and experienced writers so they can confidently transfer the stories in their minds and hearts onto paper. It is the primary offering of Writing Your Life, LLC (WritingYourLife.org).
We seek the right person to support Life Writers members and assist the owner and founder. The role is a part-time position of 15 to 20 hours per week with flexible scheduling and home-based work. The candidate’s time zone must accommodate Eastern time events. Pay to start is $15 per hour as a 1099 contractor.
- mastery of grammar and punctuation
- excellent written and verbal communication
- attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- stellar planning, organizing, problem assessment, and solving skills
- four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- time zone accommodates Eastern time
Candidate should be:
- intermediate to advanced user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, other MS Office products
- proficient in creation/maintenance/monitoring of Zoom meetings
- adept with email marketing systems, especially Constant Contact
- able to create basic designs for flyers, promo images, etc., with Canva or similar apps
- social media savvy, skilled in use of Facebook and Instagram
- experienced with WordPress and WordPress plugins, a big plus
- familiarity with memberships and how they function, a big plus
- hobbyist writer, a big plus
Qualities our community manager must possess:
- heart for service to others
- love, respect, and appreciation of senior citizens
- compassion, patience, and empathy
- upbeat, positive, can-do attitude
- strong attention to detail
- resourceful, able to figure things out on his/her own
- ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks
- adaptable and flexible
- team player, works well with others
- able to meet tight deadlines when necessary
- confident on video and a pleasant Zoom presence
- quick learner, especially of new tools/software/apps
- embody company values of service, innovation, respect, ownership, honesty, and passion
- monitor Zoom meetings
- create weekly update of upcoming events, archive previous posts
- maintain Life Writers’ and owner’s calendars
- respond to member emails, support requests, forum posts
- serve as first point of contact for members
- write copy for email announcements and reminders
- manage email mailing list, process bounces, report stats, etc.
- attend monthly and as-needed planning sessions
- promote upcoming events/launches via social media
- transfer course materials to branded stationery
- create fillable .pdf forms for handouts, worksheets, etc.
- update graphics as needed
The right community manager for Life Writers is looking for more than just a job. He/she wants to put his/her many skills and talents to good use in serving members and supporting the owner and exudes an abundance of passion and energy to further the Life Writers mission.
We will review your responses as soon as possible and notify you of the next step, providing you and Life Writers are a good fit.
Many thanks for your interest in working with Life Writers.