Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Home Forums Let’s Talk – Summer 2021 Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Linda Palma
Participant

Hello to all. I am Lin Palma. I was born Linda Marie Tornabene and I kept that name many years until I married 15 years ago. In my old name and in my old identity, I taught elementary, middle and high school in Rochester, New York in the city public and parochial schools for 30 years. I retired and got married the same year and began another chapter in my life. My marriage to Philip was my first, but he had been married previously and had two lovely, grown daughter and I love them as if they were my own.

My husband and I lived part-time in St.George, Utah for 9 years in a mostly Mormon community. I learned a lot in Southern Utah. It was a breathtaking place to live and I loved it. In 2014, we decided to move to the Villages in Florida because my husband’s brother lives here and because we believed the kids and grandkids would be more likely to visit us near Disney than in Utah. Three years ago, we became full-time residents of Florida.

I have always loved to write. I taught English in the inner city schools of Rochester. I have lived a wonderful and exciting life and I want to write my spiritual memoirs to show how God has acted throughout my life to draw me closer to him.

I look forward to collaborating with some of you and getting to know others as the months progress.