Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Home Forums Let’s Talk – Summer 2021 Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Deborah Hunt Repp
Participant

Hi, Deborah or Debbie here…I’m a farm girl who enjoyed an ideal 1950s/60s Midwestern upbringing. I grew up on a cattle-feeding and crop farm operation in small-town Iowa. I had loving parents, two great brothers, numerous cousins, and family nearby. I graduated junior college in central Missouri, trained at Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School in Boston, and then worked for 4 years in Boston for financial institutions. In 1972 I moved to New York City to work where I ultimately worked as an executive secretary to different CEOs of major corporations: one in the consulting industry and the other in the venture banking and money-management industry.
I lived in NYC for twenty-five years, where I took advantage of the arts, theatre, museums, history, and architecture and European travel. I also completed my college BA degree at nights and weekends. I was married twice during that time. In 1981 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, but I continued to work until that disability forced me to reevaluate my life. I returned to my roots in Iowa where I met and married my late husband; yes, number three; but he was the best.
Fortunately, since living here, I have been able to travel and cruise frequently throughout world between 2010 and 2016. Home bases now are Iowa farm and The Villages home. Trying to keep up with writing but always feel like I’m three stories behind!