Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Home Forums Let’s Talk – Summer 2021 Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Jennifer Paster
Participant

Hi Everyone, My name is Jennifer Paster. I live with my wonderful husband Bruce on a beautiful lake in Orlando, Florida. I was born and raised in Fulton County Georgia and moved to Florida many years ago when I was 7. My husband and I together (2nd marriage for both of us) have 5 adult children and 4 granddaughters together. Currently my writing has been focused on my grandchildren. I want them to have stories from our visits, vacations, and holidays together. I lost my mom at the age of 13 and my dad at 19. I do not have stories of their life.

I am a retired teacher. I taught VPK, Exceptional Education, and First Grade. First grade is my favorite age because the children are silly, fun, and they love their teachers. September 2019 I had an aortic valve replacement surgery where I was unable to teach most of the school year. My cardiologist suggested that I not teach. So I retired. I do not miss the many nights of lesson plans and papers to grade. I do miss the kiddos.

Retirement allows time for writing, exercising, visiting family and friends, kayaking, jet skiing, zooming with my grandkids, and painting. I
also enjoy music, dancing and traveling.

This is my 3rd session of LifeWriters. My goal is to have fun writing with a community of other writers. I miss my grandkids because they live out of town and because of COVID. Writing about them makes me happy. I know I will eventually write about my life. My heart surgery is a writing goal that I would like to accomplish before I forget all the details. Heart surgery is really amazing.
Happy writing!